Besides their phenomenal beauty and versatility, porcelain tile floors have the advantage of being very low-maintenance. Ceramics are made of natural particles that are shaped and fired in a kiln at very high temperatures.Porcelain Tile Johannesburg
This process creates durability and resiliency that is unmatched by most other flooring surfaces. When glazed, they also have a protective barrier from dirt, water, stains, and chemicals, making them even more impervious to the elements. Even while easy to maintain, there are some steps to take to ensure that it remains in optimal condition.
HOW SHOULD YOU CLEAN YOUR TILE FLOOR?
- One of the most important aspects of cleaning your tile floor is making sure dirt and spills do not have a chance to get comfortable.
- These things happen; instead of banning everyone but yourself from walking on your floor, clean up spills or tracks as soon as possible.
This is easy enough to do with a mop or cloth, hot water, and mild household detergent (be sure to do a spot test with any detergent before use and/or get recommendations from the Italian tile manufacturer).
- Regular maintenance is important as well. The easiest, quickest, and most effective step you can take is to regularly sweep, vacuum, and damp mop your bathroom, entryway, or kitchen tile floors.
- A quick sweeping or vacuuming removes dirt and debris before it can become embedded in the tile or grout. Mopping with warm water and using a manufacturer-recommended cleaning product also enhances your tile’s gloss, shine, and colour.
- One of the best floor cleaning products, though, is one that is readily available in your home. Water is effective in keeping your tile floor looking great.
- You can also mix a cup of white vinegar with a gallon of water for a wonderfully effective, odour-eliminating cleanser. If you have children or pets, you may not want to use harsh chemicals, and this is a wonderful alternative.
- Ceramic tiles are held in place by grout, which is typically white. Over time, and with exposure to the elements, this can become discoloured and dingy. When this happens, it detracts from the beauty of your floor.
- To keep this from happening, and to preserve both your tile and grout, it is important to take care of your grout as well. The best way to do this is to seal it after you have installed your tile.
- This will keep stains, dirt, and water from being able to penetrate the protective barrier.
- Experts recommend doing this about twice a year, though your tile manufacturer may recommend a different sealing schedule.
- To clean grout that has become dirt, you can mix hydrogen peroxide and water in equal parts. Simply apply this with a toothbrush to remove the stains. You will find that even grout that is properly maintained is easier to clean and remove stains from than other surfaces, such as laminate.
- Among the best qualities of ceramic tiles are its resistance to stains, its hygienic qualities, and its ease of cleaning. Beauty can be low-maintenance.
Click here to book an appointment and to take a look at our stunning, yet practical selection of Tiles. Discover the right surface for your space. Please contact our friendly team, and we’ll be happy to help.Floor Tiles Cape Town
How can we help you Get it Done?
We want to hear from you. Get in touch with one of our experienced staff. Contact us on:
CPT: (021) 510 2081