Although tiling may tend to lose its luster over time, it is a relatively easy method to clean porcelain surfaces. That said, before choosing on a cleaning approach, there are some important factors to consider, such as whether the tiles are polished, textured or bare.Porcelain Tile Johannesburg
Regular (once or twice a week) cleaning is the best way to prevent the spread of dust build-ups and unsightly spots. This can be done with a straightforward wipe and vacuum to remove dirt, followed by warm water mopping.
However, more extreme action may be needed when dirt gets out of hand. Here is our porcelain tile cleaning advice.
How to Clean Porcelain Floor Tiles
- Use a microfibre mop to sweep the covered region – give special attention to the corners of the room where dust is most likely to gather.
- Apply a solution of cleaning fluid and hot water. Read the directions on the label before using them on the whole surface and test any product in a small area first. Leave up to ten minutes to sit, following the label’s instructions.
- Scrub the area with a soft nylon brush
- Wipe away the dirty cleaning residue with clean warm water.
- Though unglazed porcelain tiling is notoriously stain resistant, stains can and often do build up over time. To tackle tricky areas, repeat steps 2-4 as required.
How to Clean Polished Porcelain Tiles
It may seem a daunting job to clean shiny porcelain tiles; luckily, assistance is at hand. You will first have to choose your item for cleaning. You have three main options – whatever you choose, be sure to follow the label’s directions and test it first in a small area.
- Multi-purpose household cleaners or floor cleaning products or disinfectants – just follow the directions on the label, as most products will need to be diluted before use. We recommend products by HANDY ANDY.
- Bespoke porcelain tile cleaners – though likely to be a slightly more expensive option, these solutions can be highly effective.
- A white vinegar and water solution can also be used to target stains.
It is imperative to ensure that the room where you are cleaning is well ventilated and that any excess products are rinsed and removed as part of the cleaning process, regardless of which product you choose to use.
Then, you just need to follow these steps to restore your polished porcelain tiles:
- Sweep the tiled area and vacuum up any loose debris.
- Go over the area with a dry mop.
- Mop the floor with a sparing quantity of warm water – do not allow water to pool.
- Loosen stubborn stains with a soft nylon brush.
- Mop again using your chosen cleaning agent (see list above).
- Dry with a microfibre cloth and buff for a brilliant finish.
- Remember: before using any new cleaning product or method, make sure to test it on a small, inconspicuous area of tiling first.
Click here to book an appointment and to take a look at our stunning, yet practical selection of Tiles. Discover the right surface for your space. Please contact our friendly team, and we’ll be happy to help.Floor Tiles Cape Town
How can we help you Get it Done?
We want to hear from you. Get in touch with one of our experienced staff. Contact us on:
CPT: (021) 510 2081