Kitchen tile splashes back’s are now one of the necessities a kitchen needs to be kept clean. It is responsible for repelling the cooking mess from staying on your walls, countertops, sink, etc. Its specialization is against liquid splashes (which explain the name) but, in addition, the right choice of back-splash kitchen tiles Rockdale could lead to an enhancement to your kitchen that won’t only assure you of keeping it clean but also adding an amazing touch of kitchen beauty too. Kitchen Wall Tiles Cape Town
Your Splash back Tiles Options
When planning to install backsplash tiles on your kitchen, your options are infinite. There’s a wide range of choice of colors and hues, shapes and borders, and sizes and cuts for backsplash tiles available in any home improvement stores.
As for materials, there’s also an adverse selection of ceramic, glass, porcelain, stone, and even stainless steel backsplash tiles. Don’t forget the different design tiles Rockdale whether from mass production or personal hand-painted tiles that could give you either the classy or artistic feel that you want to achieve.
Kitchen Tile Splash back Installation
Basic materials needed in installing backsplash tiles are the backsplash tiles, tile cutter, tile saw, grout, trowel, level, mastic adhesive, tape measure, sandpaper, cleaning cloth and of course, genuine interest in beautifying the kitchen. Installing backsplash tiles is quite simple and easy. It only requires little time and is not expensive at all. In addition, it is quite an interesting job making many homeowners are tempted to do the tiling themselves. To lessening the chances of having to re-do everything though, there are some guides and steps that should be followed in kitchen backsplash tiling.
- Prevention and Caution – Before starting, since you’re working in the kitchen where there are many electrical appliances and outlets, just simply turn off your power-supply or at least cut the power towards your kitchen.
- Reason for No-Electricity Precaution – Start by using the sandpaper on your walls or counters where you’re going to install the new tiles. After that, wash the area with warm water to remove the dust collected after sandpapering. That’s why you need to have no electricity in your work area because you’ll be working with water, most likely, very near the outlets.
- Tiling – After the groundwork, spread the mastic adhesive thinly at the base-center of your surface then place the first tile. Use the level for checking your base. Keep placing the next tiles adjacent to each other but making sure there are equal spaces in between and in the corners. Keep checking and crosschecking the evenness of the arrangement with the level and measuring tape. Using the tile cutter and tile saw, measure and cut the tiles properly to perfectly fit your kitchen surface.
- Cleaning – You have to keep your work clean so that the mess and dirt you gain won’t get stuck with your tiles forever. Use a damp cloth to wipe away the excess mastic adhesives.
- Applying the Grout – Next, apply the grout on the spaces you left between the tiles with the trowel or you may use a rubber float if desired. Again, make sure to keep your work clean. Wipe away the excess grout with a damp cloth and you can also soften the grout with a round stick.
- Finishing – That ends it. Just clean everything up and leave everything to dry. For a final touch, you can polish your tiles to add a shiny glamour kitchen tiles Rockdale effect.
Click here to book an appointment and to take a look at our stunning, yet practical selection of Tiles. Discover the right surface for your space. Please contact our friendly team, and we’ll be happy to help.Floor Tiles Cape Town