You may have a kitchen the size of a tiny cupboard, but if you understand some tricks like sticking to white cabinets and walls and restricting the quantity of crowded pattern in a room, a space of any type may feel spacious. The correct selection of wall and floor tiles can create all the distinction when it comes to generating the illusion of a larger room.Kitchen Wall Tiles Johannesburg
- Large format tiles – The principle is that the smaller the tile, the more grout lines you have, which ultimately increases how busy the design looks. These large tiles catch the eye and make a room look larger as fewer grout rows appear less cluttered and make the room feel more seamless. Maximize this eye trick with a complementary or matching coloured grout instead of a different one, as this will assist grout rows to fit in with the tiles instead of framing them.
- Pale tiles – Paler tile shades, whether on the wall or floor, will reflect light and soften those corners and edges, which will open the space visually. Darker colours absorb light and take the angles closer, making space feel narrower.
- Simple, plain tiles – Highly coloured tiles tend to dominate space as the eye is attracted to the pattern’s busy-ness. This also helps the space feel crowded visually. This is not to claim that patterned tiles are a no-no for a tiny room, but simply adhere to a subtle design with a palette of light colours
- Simple colour palette – To make it feel bigger, choose a straightforward and pale colour palette with similar colours throughout the space. Lots of intense and contrasting colours will ‘ slice ‘ the room visually, making it feel crowded and thus smaller. So, to produce a harmonious design, use matching wall, and floor tiles.
- Simple configuration – You want to go for the easiest model in the structure of your floor tiles, keeping to the concept of preventing busy-ness. Therefore prevent herringbone or other crowded layouts and adhere to a straight horizontal or vertical scheme. When selecting rectangular tiles, create sure they are laid down the kitchen lengthways. This is going to capture the eye and stretch the space.
Click here to book an appointment and to take a look at our stunning, yet practical selection of Tiles. Discover the right surface for your space. Please contact our friendly team, and we’ll be happy to help.Floor Tiles Cape Town
How can we help you Get it Done?
We want to hear from you. Get in touch with one of our experienced staff. Contact us on:
CPT: (021) 510 2081