Mosaic tiles are the most popular choice for shower floor tiles. The small size of the individual tiles means they conform to the slope and shape of the shower floor better than a larger tile would. There are also more grout lines present between mosaic tiles, offering much-needed slip resistance in the shower.Mosaic Tiles Cape Town Tilespace
ASK THE TILE EXPERTS
Can you tile a shower floor?
- Absolutely! Tile is easy to clean and durable, so it is an ideal material to use for the shower.
What is the best tile for shower floors?
- There are a variety of tiles in the shower pan which are good to use. Pebbles and pavilions produce a distinctive feel that evokes a natural outdoor oasis impression. Many individuals in their shower who want to build a spa-like sensation select this option.
Ceramic and porcelain are classic choices that offer endless variety. To play around with patterns, choose a mosaic in your favourite shape for the shower floor tile. With linear drains that fit right into your sleek design, you can use any size tile on the shower floor, even large-format tiles. The most important thing is to choose the tile that is right for you in terms of maintenance and look.
Is it slippery when it’s wet?
- The fewer grout lines present will be the slipperier shower tile. That’s why a lot of people opt for mosaics with plenty of room for grout or slightly textured tiles offering slip resistance.
Do you need special mortar/grout for shower floors?
- This depends on the material that you set and how you space the tile. A TileSpace expert associate can provide you with the best recommendation for your project.
Can I tile over my existing tile in the shower?
- You should always tile away from other materials on a wall or ground. Tiling over other tiles is never recommended.
Mosaic Tiles Cape Town Tilespace
Click here to book an appointment and to take a look at our stunning, yet practical selection of Tiles. Discover the right surface for your space. Please contact our friendly team, and we’ll be happy to help.Floor Tiles Cape Town
How can we help you Get it Done?
We want to hear from you. Get in touch with one of our experienced staff. Contact us on:
CPT: (021) 510 2081