Although mosaic glass tiles on floors can imbue a room with a sense of lavish luxury, It’s important to understand the characteristics of the material before you make a decision.Mosaic Tiles Cape Town
These tiles are available in virtually any size and are as small as 1/2 x 1/2 inch. The most popular shapes are squares and rectangles, but speciality tiles come in a multitude of sizes.
- Elegant design: – Probably the greatest advantage of using mosaic glass in a flooring implementation is the beauty with an adequate assembly that can be accomplished. You have the option of strong and multicoloured tiles, which can then be organized in easy or complex designs.
- Easy to clean: – Mosaic tiles are stain, mold, and mildew resistant. They tend to show dust very readily so when it’s time to wash you will always know. They resist chemical damage and are not porous, so you don’t have to worry about falling grime into the tile. They are also very easy to clean and can be wiped down with a damp cloth or mopped up with warm water.
- Durability: – As soon as your mosaic tiles have achieved the norms needed for use as flooring fabric, they should be sturdy and susceptible to breaking under anything less than a strong immediate force applied with a difficult item such as a hammer. Scratches are another matter— Mosaic tiles are going to scratch.
- Difficult installation: – Mosaics are especially hard to install in comparison to ceramic or natural stone tiles. If you’re not cautious, the adhesive will show through the tile. It’s best to employ a professional — someone with expertise operating with glass mosaics — unless you’re very familiar with setting tile.
- Slippery: – While it is possible to apply textured designs to the tiles and grout rows can generate some traction, glass is still fairly soft texture. It can present a slipping danger in some environments, particularly in moist ones.
Mosaic tile flooring is expensive to buy, difficult to install, and costly to repair. Over time, scratches can degrade the tiles ‘ appearance on its surface, requiring you to completely substitute it. If you have the cash to do it correctly, however, mosaic tiles can produce some of the most lovely surfaces.
We love sharing our tips and ideas with you, so if you enjoyed this post or if you have any ideas or tips of your own that we might have missed, please leave a comment below.