Designs and trends are constantly evolving, allowing for the ultimate expression of creativity and imagination. One trend we’ve seen pushing the boundaries of ingenuity, artistry and self-expression is geometric tile. We’re going to highlight our favourite geometric tiles and how to use them to their full potential.Tiles Johannesburg
The extravagant movement, iconic shapes and energetic patterns of geometric tile allow you to make a statement in any space. These tiles aren’t just an addition to design – they ARE the design. Geometric shapes include squares, rectangles, triangles, polygons, hexagons, diamonds, pyramids and more. With so many different variations and shapes in geometric tile, the possibilities are endless!
CATEGORIZING GEOMETRIC TILES
- Geometric Patterned Tile – Stunning designs can be printed on tile to add an artistic flash to any space. Glamorous patterns have universal use. You can either cover a wall to make a bold statement or display a small statement as a piece of art. Stunning designs can be printed on the tile to add an artistic flash to any space. Glamorous patterns have universal use. You can either cover a wall to make a bold statement or display a small statement as a piece of art.
Patterned tile can bring a very artistic and contemporary look into your home.
- Geometric Shaped Tile – While most tile like subway or square tile only has four sides, geometric-shaped tile brings tile design to a whole new level. Shapes like hexagons, diamonds and rhombuses stand out compared to standard rectangular formats. Geometric shapes can be either 2-D or 3-D.
- Geometric Mosaics – Mosaics are small pieces of tile that are intricately placed together on a mesh sheet to create stunning patterns—that’s what makes these mosaics so unique. Not all mosaic designs are the same. The mosaic pattern is created by repeating stretched hexagons to add glamour and dimension.
WAYS TO USE GEOMETRIC TILE
- The Center of Attention – When people want to make a bold statement, they might use a big collection of art, flashy furniture or even a bright-coloured tile or wallpaper. While those are all great options, geometrically patterned tile is your key to making a show-stopping space. Cover your floor or wall with tile to make a bold, eye-catching presentation.
- Subtle Accent Displays – Don’t let the boldness of geometric tile intimidate you. Many people turn away from geometric-patterned tile and layouts because they think it might be overwhelming. But patterns can be displayed as an accent piece if you aren’t committed to the full effect. Display a geometric accent piece in your shower or on the side of a bathtub or island countertop.
- A Lively Greeting – Incorporating geometrically patterned tile is wonderful in an entryway. Fun and spirited patterns give guests an immediate welcoming impression.
Create Your Own Masterpiece
A current trend is to create your own geometric designs and shapes with tile. This trend attracts bold and brave designers. Every concept you explore is a statement and your very own work of art.