Tiles are fantastic and most preferred for creating the desired atmosphere. Tile flooring will always be a smart choice for Offices, Family rooms, Kitchens, Bathrooms and Fireplaces because of its timeless appeal and durable nature. Tiles give a luxurious look with a wide range of textures and colours, pattern possibilities seem unlimited. Tiles Cape Town
It is not only a matter of looks but it is easy to clean and maintain. Tile flooring is cost-effective which means adding value to the home while providing a life-long flooring solution. Tile flooring is a little difficult to install compared to other flooring options.
Even a simple fault in placing a tile on the floor, can be blemished and it may ruin the entire pattern. Not to worry you can follow the below tips to install tile flooring with no hassles.
Tile Installation Procedure:
- Start from centre: – While installing tile floor the finished area should appear symmetrical. To achieve this we need to take dimensions of the room and calculate the centre of the surface. The centre is required even for smaller areas to make the installation perfect and simple.
- Adjust the surface by squaring: – While tiling, the surface area should be in a square, this makes our work a bit easier by finding the centre of the room.
Particularly the houses of olden days you may observe that surface is not in a squared manner. It makes the installation a bit tough. In that case, use a wall as the base and that is an obvious solution for rooms that are not in a perfect square. Then you will find the tiles are parallel to the wall.
- Divide into quarters: – After finding the centre or baseline of your work. Draw perpendicular lines with chalk or marker. These lines will make the room into four quadrants. Try to work outward from the centre of the room.
There will be a small change in tiling a wall; your concern should be on top-line, not a centre or baseline. Use a level for drawing the line and start working on it. But some walls may not straight so be cautious while drawing a top line.
- Stepping off the Figure: – Last step to be followed after finding the centre and squared the room, arrange tiles in rows for every quadrant before mixing the adhesive. Complete the tiling row-wise accordingly of each wall. In this last step, you may face bit difficulty in the arrangement and centring the room. Check the centring at layout stage itself otherwise it will be a major problem at the end. Follow the same procedure for tiling walls also with vertical and horizontal distances.
In some cases, if the tile length is exceeding the gap between the walls and fixed tiles then you should follow the tile cutting procedure to fill those gaps.
- Tile Cutting Procedure: For cutting a tile as per requirements one needs some patience and little practice to make it perfect.
- Measure the length of the tile and mark the outlines of the tile perfectly for cutting.
- Use a lever to handle the tile without any force on the tile and position it clearly.
- Use cutter perfectly along the marked area and cut the edges clearly without any pressure on the tile.
Ultimately, Installing a tile floor is not a difficult task and in the same way, not a simple one to work on. Hence for a perfect tiling, we need some extra care and caution for installation. If you find it difficult to DIY, you may hire a professional to make the installation perfect.
Click here to book an appointment and to take a look at our stunning, yet practical selection of Tiles. Discover the right surface for your space. Please contact our friendly team, and we’ll be happy to help.Floor Tiles Cape Town