With the myriad of decisions, you face when you decide to renovate or create a bathroom in your home, choosing the tiles is the one you expect to be most enjoyable. They set the tone for the whole look and feel of the finished space and will probably be the first thing you notice. Bathroom Tiles Johannesburg
Should you go light or dark? Big or small? Shiny or matt? Sleek and contemporary or textured and natural? It’s enough to make that enjoyment turn to stress and worry about whether you are choosing correctly.
Well, fear not! Today, we sharing few tips for choosing your tiles, making it easier than ever to narrow down what you really want to make that dream bathroom a reality.
- Choose Your Wow-Factor Feature – When you walk into your bathroom, what do you think will be the first thing to catch your eye? Will this be a beautiful shower enclosure? Maybe consider in this room using your primary tile. Will it be a roll-top tub that is free-standing? Then select the ideal wall tile purpose to be your background. Perhaps it’s an amazing antique that you repurpose as a vanity? Think about what tiles for your backsplash you’ll want to use.
- Choose a Stand-Out Tile – One easy way to start selecting your tiles in the bathroom is to find a design you enjoy. You may have fallen in love with some pattern, some courageous colour, or some exciting shape. This will be your feature tile in the room that can either be used as an accent on the walls or maybe add some drama to your floors or shower enclosure.
- Choose Your Floor Tiles – You may want to consider your bathroom floor tiles simply as complementary tiles if you have already selected the structure tile for your room. If you’ve chosen something a little simpler for the walls, however, the recent trend is to produce a little wow factor with a patterned floor.
- Tile Size vs Room Size – In general, if your room size is small (as many bathrooms are), you may want to stop using any large-format tiles in the room. Choose tiles that complement your room’s size, so for a very small cloakroom, medium-sized tiles for a medium-sized bathroom or mosaic tiles. Have a read of our How to Choose The Right Tile Size feature if you need a little help in this area, it’s really rather useful!
- Get Creative with Tile Layout – Even choosing a simple tile, of course, doesn’t mean it’s boring! There are so many patterns that can be created to add something unique to your design by using metro style tiles or rectangular tiles in an exciting layout.
- Consider the Feel Factor – Keep in mind that if you’re using a shower floor tiles, you’re going to want something that’s both comfortable on bare feet but still has enough grip so you don’t slip around. It’s usually a good idea to use small tiles or mosaic tiles here as the extra grout lines will provide increased slip resistance without irritating your sole.
We hope these tips have made what can be an overwhelming choice just a little easier! Remember, here at TileSpace, we have a showroom service to make your decision even easier, so why visit us today?